The X IEC will take place September 4-7 at the Congress Centre in Courmayeur, located at the top of the Aosta Valley, close to the boundary with France and Switzerland. The village is set at the foot of the majestic Mont Blanc (4810ma.s.l.), the highest mountain in western Europe. Courmayeur has an ancient tradition of tourism and mountaineering, which gives to the village an authentic alpine identity with an international character. Courmayeur’s picturesque mountain scenery makes it an attractive destination yearround. It is one of Europe’s most famous ski locations, and contains the “Giardino Botanico Alpino Saussurrea”, the highest botanical garden in Europe. In the summer months, it is a popular destination for hikers.
All meeting activities will take place at the “Centro Congressi di Courmayeur” located within an easy reach of accommodation, shops and restaurants.
For further information contact : email@example.com
Public transportation connects Courmayeur to the mail towns and citiesin Italy and Europe. The motorway links the region to France through the Mont Blanc Tunnel.
Valle d’ Aosta can be reached easili from the following international airports:
Milan Malpensa Airport
Milan Linate Airport
Geneva (Genève) Airport
Courmayeur is about 1h30 from Turin airport, and 2 hour from Milan airports by car.
The most convenient railway station to Courmayeur is Aosta. Bus connections are available between Aosta and Courmayeur.
Milano Centrale railway station to Aosta: 3h20.
Torino Porta Susa railway station to Aosta: 2h.
Before entering the train, tickets must be stamped; stamping machines are available in the train station.
From Milan (204 km): highway A4 and then A5 for Aosta, exit Courmayeur.
From Turin (132 km): highway A5 for Aosta, exit Courmayeur.
From Genoa (265 km): highway A26 and then highway A5 for Aosta, exit Courmayeur.
From Geneva (100 km) or Chamonix (20 km), 6 km after the Mont Blanc Tunnel exit, along the SS26.
Courmayeur can be reached by bus (one or more daily services) from the main cities of northern Italy (Aosta, Turin, Milan).
From Aosta: Savda bus service(1h)
From Torino Caselle Airport: Sadem bus service (2h)
From Milano-Lampugnano bus station M1: Savda bus service (timetable) (3h45 – only twice a day)
From Pré-St-Didier: Savda bus service (10 minutes)
A number of private companies can provide transportation to/from the main International Airports to Courmayeur. As an example, the TaxiAostaValley (firstname.lastname@example.org) offers: Torino Caselle Airport – Courmayeur (up to 4 people) €. 260 (up to 8 people) €. 390; Milan Malpensa Airport – Courmayeur (up to 4 people) €. 370 (up to 8 people) €. 490. Prices are approximate (plus 10% VAT).
From Milan Malpensa Airport :
1) take the shuttle bus (many companies are available; waiting time will be less than 20’; tickets will cost less than 10€) to the main railway station Milano Centrale.
2) take the train to Aosta (in day time trains are leaving every 60’; tickets from 16 € are easy to get from the numerous ticket machines; change train in Chivasso and Ivrea). ……
From Turin International Airport:
1) take the shuttle bus SADEM (tickets will cost 7€ aboard / 6.50€ inside the airport) to the main railway station Torino Porta Nuova (last stop).
2) take the train to Aosta (in day time, trains are leaving every 60’; tickets from 9 € are easy to get from the numerous ticket machines; change train in Ivrea or in Chivasso and Ivrea).
3) take the bus to Courmayeur (Savda bus service (see also this timetable) in front of the Train Station, leaving every hour at -:45; ticket 3.40€). 4) once in Courmayeur (Piazza Monte Bianco) either walk to the hotel (about 15’) or wait for our minibus.
On the conference arrival days (Sept 1st and 3rd) our minibus will meet you at the bus stop during most of the day. Those planning to arrive very early/late should let us know in advance or (on the arrival day) call the hotel and leave a message for us.
The Hotel Pavillon ****, located in the centre of Courmayeur, provides accommodation for up to 150 guests and a pleasant environment for post-meeting chats and relaxation.